Family therapy in Edinburgh
Our Edinburgh family therapy service can provide the support your family needs. We have experienced and fully trained therapists who can help with a number of issues that impact on the family and the relationships within it.
What Is family therapy?
Family therapy is about helping families or ‘family-like’ groups find ways to improve their situation using constructive methods. The family therapist will work with the family to explore ways forward and support them as changes take place in the present and beyond.
What types of issues can family therapy help with?
There are a number of issues that can have a big impact on families and the relationships within them. Family therapists are particularly used to supporting families and family members experiencing the following issues.
- Changes in family life/relationships
- Parenting issues
- Emotional difficulties following bereavement
- Eating disorders
- Couple relationship issues
- Separation and divorce
- Adolescent or child behaviours, e.g. attention and over-activity issues
- Adolescent or child mental health
- Adult mental health
- Adoption and fostering
- Social policy, such as child protection
- Violence in the home
- Post-trauma difficulties
- Substance/alcohol related issues
How do I find out more about family therapy or make a booking?
To find out more about our family therapy service or to book an initial session please contact us.